The Horn and the Necklace (or The Horn and the Grimoire) is a fairly easy quest even early on, so long as you can flee from a large party and travel all over Westeros and Essos. The reward, Coldbringer, is incredibly powerful and a great weapon at any stage of the game.
Has been removed from 2.2 version
Quest Guide[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Maester Criston in the Ruins of Ghoyan Drohe (castle), or Rhyos if you are playing game version 2.0.
- Leave and enter the castle to speak to Samol.
- Visit Rodgar's Hut in the North, near Winterfell .
- Travel to Harrenhal and speak to Ben Blackthumbs.
- Travel to The Crossing and enter the castle, speak to the Frey lordling to retrieve the necklace.
- Travel back to Harrenhal , this time talk to Vargo Hoat.
- When you leave, there will be a party of 50-200 men outside, you have to kill them to complete the quest.
- Travel to Duskendale , go to the castle and speak to Ponorro of Asshai, answer his riddle with 'Childbirth' to retrieve the horn.
- Travel back to The Ruins of Ghoyan Drohe , enter the castle and speak to Samol to claim Coldbringer.
Rewards[edit | edit source]